Thinking about Selling Your Business?
We have been there, having built and sold our own companies. The first thing we wanted to know, and you probably feel the same way, is what the business is worth. Does the value justify going to the market right now or waiting?
You’ve come to the right place. A good first step is to download our valuation guide for mid-sized businesses. It is uniquely geared to businesses with revenue from $1 million to $20 million and it will guide you through earnings, addbacks and risk factors, ending with a handy multiple chart that will indicate value.
Of course no chart can really pinpoint a market value so we’d love to, at no charge, provide an opinion of fair market value for you using our experience in the market. Its the first step, its free, and there is no obligation.
Call us at 530-647-8526
“I had no idea how much work was involved in getting a deal done.
Graeme and Ney were key to getting the deal to close. – Mark Stapleton, PowerChem “
The following is our methodology, developed over years of working in the lower middle market
1. Company Visit. One of the best parts about our work is meeting you and learning about your business. We’ll meet, understand your business and agree on an estimate of company value before we ask for an engagement letter.
2. Preparation. Strategic buyers, private equity groups and sophisticated individual buyers expect a professional “book” and a financial analysis. We are experienced in preparing these materials.
3. Marketing the Company. We don’t just use the business-for-sale websites like a main-street business broker. We will present you with a marketing plan, and we’ll execute on the plan. Email campaigns, direct calling, direct mail and business-for-sale web sites are all used to in order to create a competitive bidding environment.
4. Managing Buyers. We’ve been through this ourselves when selling our own firms, and we know there is never enough time in the day run the company and manage the sales process.
5. Company Meetings and Negotiations. We obtain an indication of the price range the buyer is willing to pay before you expend the time and energy of a meeting. We then enter a period of meetings and negotiations, ending with a signed Letter of Intent. We support you through the due diligence phase, and will be there with you at closing.
Our Commitment to You
No two transactions are alike, but our over-riding concern is the interests of our client. We take into consideration every aspect of
your interests and concerns including valuation, deal structure, tax, company culture, legal, management and employees. We specialize in the lower middle market and have personally handled deals ranging from $500,000 to $55 million.