No two transactions are alike, but our over-riding concern is the interests of our client. We take into consideration every aspect of your interests and concerns including valuation, deal structure, tax, company culture, legal, management and employees.
The following is our methodology, developed over years of working in the lower middle market
1. Company Visit. One of the best parts about our work is meeting you and learning about your business. We use a Cessna 210 airplane to bring companies in the west coast within two hours of a visit. We’ll meet, understand your business and agree on an estimate of company value before we ask for an engagement letter.
2. Preparation. Strategic buyers, private equity groups and sophisticated individual buyers expect a professional “book” and a financial analysis. We are experienced in preparing these materials.
3. Marketing the Company. We don’t just use the business-for-sale websites like a main-street business broker. We will present you with a marketing plan, and we’ll execute on the plan. Email campaigns, direct calling, direct mail and business-for-sale web sites are all used to in order to create a competitive bidding environment.
4. Managing Buyers. We’ve been through this ourselves when selling our own firms, and we know there is never enough time in the day run the company and manage the sales process.
5. Company Meetings and Negotiations. We obtain an indication of the price range the buyer is willing to pay before you expend the time and energy of a meeting. We then enter a period of meetings and negotiations, ending with a signed Letter of Intent. We support you through the due diligence phase, and will be there with you at closing.
Please send us a note to request a free consultation at Graeme(at)compasspointcapital.com Not ready to sell yet but have some questions? We don’t mind spending time answering questions to make sure you are properly prepared when it is time to start planning your exit.